This course is currently closed
The League of California Community Foundations understands the essential nature of Boards of Directors prudently executing their fiscal oversight for community foundations. Done well, this helps assure financial health, long-term sustainability, and local community impact. This self-paced online course taught by experts in the field will equip you to help steward your foundation’s assets so it can serve your community “for good, forever.”
LEARNING OBJECTIVES AND AUDIENCE
- Fiduciary responsibilities of the Governing Board and Individual Directors
- Understand the roles of the audit, investment, and finance committees
- Understand staff roles
- Community Foundation Board Members (Directors)
- Finance and Investment Committee Members
- Senior Foundation Staff
- Suzanne Friday, former Executive Director of National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations and former Vice President of Legal at the Council on Foundations
- Patricia Jones, reviewer with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations and former CEO of the League of California Community Foundations
- Non-member rate: $250 per student for a one-year term; $150 per student if purchasing 5 or more subscriptions. Contact Sheila@lccf.org to register.
- Member rate: Free to all current members of the League of California Community Foundations.